The Historical Society of Princeton is happy to provide a variety of research services to our patrons, making use of our unique and extensive collections. Services include professional staff-conducted research as well as appointments for patron-conducted research in the case of lengthier special requests. All research requests must be submitted in writing using THIS FORM. Click for a PDF version of the on-line form. Research requests are usually handled within four weeks and are addressed in the order in which they are received.
Please email email@example.com or call 609.921.6748 x100 with any questions.
Research and Photocopying Fees
HSP Staff-Conducted Research
- All patrons: first half hour – FREE
- HSP Members: $15/hour, after first half hour
- Non-Members: $20/hour, after first half hour
Patron-Conducted Research Appointments
Pricing includes staff time to research, select, and pull relevant materials.
- HSP Members: $10 per appointment
- Non-Members: $20 per appointment
Photocopying is permitted (within copyright limitations) if library materials are in good condition.
- Letter size (8 ½ x 11): $0.35/sheet
- Legal size (8 ½ x 14): $0.50/sheet
HSP provides reproductions of its photographs, maps, architectural drawings, and manuscript materials, as condition allows. Please click here for more information.
Proceeds from HSP’s research services benefit the preservation and interpretation of HSP’s collection.
- For ethical reasons, the Historical Society of Princeton does not provide appraisals of objects held in private collections or other public institutions. You can seek an appraisal professional in your area through the American Society of Appraisers or the Appraisers Association of America.
- If you are looking for information about renovation and construction restrictions on a privately-owned historic building in Princeton, please contact the Municipal Office of Historic Preservation, which is separate from HSP, at 609-921-1359.